Vanilla and Baobab Coconut Vegan Cheesecakes
We’ve teamed up with Coconut Merchant to bring you a delicious recipe for vegan vanilla and baobab coconut cheesecakes. Whipped up by vegan blogger Nourishing Amy, this recipe is inspired by our indulgent Whipped Body Velvet and Luxury Bath Foam.
- Prepare the base by blitzing the almonds in a food processor until crumbly.
- Separately blitz the dates in a food processor until jammy.
- Add the almonds and dates together in the processor alongside the desiccated coconut and whizz until a sticky dough forms.
- Press the dough down into mini silicon cupcake cases or lined cupcake trays (or 1 large tin) until compact – you may need to use the bottom of a glass to ensure an even base. Place this in the freezer to set.
- Meanwhile, drain the soaked cashew nuts, add to a blender and mix with lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut honey or syrup, vanilla essence and boabab powder. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the bases, tap a few times to release any air bubbles. Top with a teaspoon of passion fruit each and cover with plastic wrap to freeze for 4-6 hours until set.
- Allow to thaw for 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle with extra desiccated coconut and top with a raspberry.