To celebrate the launch of our delightful Little Tropic range (and all the soft-as-a-baby’s-bum skin we’ve made happy as a result), we thought we’d add a little nourishment to your infant’s food menu too – so they’re happy from the faint flecks of their hair to the little folds on the bottom of their feet.
We’ve teamed up with nutritionist Jenna Hope to bring you this recipe, which is a little ode to our Little Emy and its nourishing ingredients.
Read on to find out how to make your very own at home.
For the pancakes:
100g plain flour
50g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
100g apple puree
½ tsp vanilla extract
200ml coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
For the toppings:
1 tbsp almond butter
1 handful of pumpkin seeds
- Start by chopping the apples and guava into small cubes. Add the apples to a pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and place over a low heat.
- Separately, finely chop the pumpkin seeds and set aside in a different bowl.
- Next, sift the plain flour, ground almonds and baking powder into a bowl and then stir in the apple sauce and vanilla extract.
- Gently pour the coconut milk into the dry ingredients and whisk well to remove any lumps.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a pan, then once melted spoon in the pancake mix and cook for 2 minutes over a medium heat. Once bubbles start to appear on the top, carefully flip the pancakes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat the cooking procedure to finish the pancake mix.
- Finally, stack the pancakes, drizzle on the almond butter, sprinkle on the cooked apples, guava and pumpkin seeds. Then, enjoy!
Don't forget to share your snaps with us using #LOVETROPIC if you give this recipe a try!