Tropic started with a desire to provide natural beauty products that harness the nourishing powers of the ingredients that grow in tropical environments. In 2004, our founder, Susie Ma, poured our first batch of body scrubs into 50 jam jars to sell at Greenwich Market; today, our multi-award winning range offers over 100 products, from skincare and body care to hair care and makeup.
Our Infinite Purpose is to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world, meaning we will always strive to run our business in a way that benefits our planet and the plants, animals and people that share it.
We’re proud to have been recognised by The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 as the UK’s fastest-growing skincare brand, but we believe there’s always room to grow. That’s why we need even more talented people who share our ambition, to join us as we continue on our exciting journey.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated, innovative UX Designer. This role will offer you the opportunity to get your creative juices flowing by redesigning our website and our Ambassadors’ journeys. We want you to take accountability for the design, development, delivery and management of our user’s experience.
We are currently using cutting-edge tools such as Shopify, FourFront and Sage to support our rapidly growing business operations, so this role will give you the opportunity to develop your skills with these exciting platforms.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the business leaders to understand the business goals and provide regular updates on progress
- Working end-to-end, from concept through to implementation
- Thinking outside the box to solve complex problems
- Developing consistent design language across the brand
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and meet quality goals
- Helping to build the in-house software team
- Redesigning the consumers journey to make the navigation as simple, effective and fun to use
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong organisational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Be able to work both collaboratively and independently to maintain a high standard of work
- Have website design experience
- Have excellent written and spoken English and an ability to communicate with all levels of staff both internally and externally
- Have a compelling portfolio that showcases their end-to-end projects and UX process
- Have confidence in articulating their ideas and communicating with others
- Have a relevant bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge and experience of coding (preferable)
- Full time role: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away
- Salary £40k-£50k depending on experience
- Position is available immediately