Supply Chain Coordinator
Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative, effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO, Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world.
Right now, we’re looking for a sharp and meticulous Supply Chain Coordinator to assist our procurement team. The team objective is to ensure we have continuous adequate stock in our warehouses and deliver NPD projects in time for product launches.
The Supply Chain Coordinator’s job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Forecasting raw material requirements
- Sending POs
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers
- Conducting market research to identify pricing trends when needed
- Negotiating best prices
- Maintaining a great relationship with suppliers
- Preparing cost analyses and reports
- Liaising with the Stock Controller and Supply Chain Manager to understand the production schedule
- Planning delivery dates and effectively communicating that information to the warehouse team
- Maintaining software and databases in Excel, Sage and/or Netsuite Software
- Executing all purchases from start to finish, including chasing suppliers and refund requests if goods are not as described
- Working with the NPD team to organise orders for product launches
- Working with the QA team to monitor the stock onsite
- Arranging shipping and logistics
- Working closely with the accounts, warehouse, production planning and stock control team, and managing some projects assigned by the Supply Chain Manager
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Computer literacy - MS Excel- intermediate level compulsory (sumifs/pivot tables/VLOOKUP’s/HLOOKUP’S)
- A good understanding of procurement/supply chain procedures
- Previous purchasing experience (min 1 year)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Position is available immediately.