Supply Chain Coordinator
Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative and effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies for five years in a row and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world. We pride ourselves on the care and wellbeing of our staff and you will be joining a fast-paced, vibrant workplace with lots of opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
Currently, we are seeking a sharp and meticulous Supply Chain Coordinator to assist our procurement team. The team objective is to ensure we have continuous adequate stock in our warehouses.
The Supply Chain Coordinator’s job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
· Following our forecast to meet packaging requirements and sending POs when needed, considering the lead times in place
· Managing the packaging requirements with the suppliers
· Prioritising component deliveries to ensure that they are delivered in time to meet our production schedule and effectively communicating that information to the affected teams
· Running reports from Netsuit and maintaining/updating software and databases in Excel and/or Netsuite Software
· Executing all purchases from start to finish, including chasing suppliers and refund requests if goods are not in compliance
· Monitoring work in progress within production to ensure any component supply issues are addressed in time
· Attending production meetings, where you’ll be expected to provide a concise summary of any component availability issues which could impact our ability to meet the production plan
· Stock control of packaging
· Obtaining quotes from suppliers
· Negotiating best prices (skills of persuasion required here!)
· Preparing cost analyses and reports to evaluate how cost-efficient levels of stock and prices are being
· Liaising with the Supply Chain Planner and Supply Chain Manager to understand the production schedule
· Working with NPD Coordinator to organise the ordering for launches
· Working with QA Team/Goods In to monitor rejects
· Analysing and obtaining best transport prices
· Arranging shipping and logistics
· Working closely with accounts, warehouse, production planning and stock control
· Managing some projects assigned to the Supply Chain Manager
· Elaborating on weekly and monthly plans for the Wrapping Department
· Managing the orders and the component stock in our subcontractors
The ideal candidate will have:
· Excellent planning and organisation skills
· Strong numeracy skills
· Computer literacy: MS Excel skills at an intermediate level are compulsory (sumifs/pivot tables/VLOOKUP’s/HLOOKUP’S)
· Good understanding of procurement/supply chain procedures
· Minimum of two years pevious planning experience
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Full time role: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
· Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
Position is available immediately.