Supply Chain Coordinator
Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative and effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies for five years in a row and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world. We pride ourselves on the care and wellbeing of our staff and you will be joining a fast-paced, vibrant workplace with lots of opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
Right now, we’re looking for a sharp and meticulous Supply Chain Coordinator to assist our procurement team. The team objective is to ensure we have continuous adequate stock in our warehouses and delivered NPD projects in time for Launches.
The Supply Chain Coordinator’s job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Forecasting raw material requirements
- Sending POs
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers
- Conducting market research to identify pricing trends when needed
- Negotiating best prices (skills of persuasion required here!)
- Maintaining a great relationship with suppliers
- Preparing cost analyses and reports
- Liaising with the Stock Controller and Supply Chain Manager to understand the production schedule
- Planning delivery dates and effectively communicating that information to the warehouse team.
- Maintaining software and databases in Excel, Sage and/or Netsuite Software.
- Executing all purchases from start to finish, including chasing suppliers and refund requests if goods are not as described.
- Working with the NPD team to organise the ordering for Launches.
- Working with the QA team to monitor life of the stock onsite.
- Arranging shipping and logistics
- Supporting our inbound supply chain operations to ensure our ingredients arrive in full and on time.
- Engaging with our external suppliers and subcontractors to ensure our high standards and deadlines are consistently met.
- Fulfilling the weekly ordering and forecasting processes.
- Handling internal and external stock requests and queries, proactively managing inbound deliveries to eliminate risk.
- Ensuring timely and accurate information is shared to internal stakeholders working closely with NPD, Planning, Technical and Production teams.
- Processing data to generate weekly performance reports.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Strong numeracy
- Computer literacy: MS Excel- intermediate level compulsory (sumifs/pivot tables/VLOOKUP’s/HLOOKUP’S)
- Good understanding of procurement/supply chain procedures
- Previous purchasing experience: min 1 year
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Position is available immediately.