Strategic Marketing Manager
Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative, effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO, Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and savvy Strategic Marketing Manager to join our vibrant marketing team. The right candidate will have strong communication skills and drive our marketing strategy forward to help further grow the brand and be part of Tropic’s exciting future at our head office in Croydon.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with the executive team to set the marketing strategy for the business
- Researching and analysing market trends and competitors
- Overseeing marketing campaigns
- Tracking effectiveness of marketing campaigns and reporting findings to the executive team
- Overseeing all writing, content and social media plans
- Looking after the budget of the marketing department and making sure the budget spend is delivering a return on investment
- Managing the design and production of promotional materials, such as websites and brochures
- Overseeing the company’s attendance at events, such as trade shows, conferences, and festivals
- Improving our brand awareness through increased and relevant involvement in social media, blogger/vlogger community, editorials, beauty ‘gurus’, prestigious awards and advertorials
- Holding regular meetings with design and marketing teams to brainstorm new marketing and training ideas
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role (at least 5 years) Preferably in the beauty/retail industry
- A proven track record of introducing and managing departmental processes and procedures
- Experience of managing, developing and coaching a team
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A background knowledge in strategy, project and programme management
- A strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office programmes
- Self-motivation, high-energy and tenacity
- Forward thinking abilities and a positive and professional attitude to motivate others, as well as being committed to company and customer objectives
- A passion and interest in the beauty industry
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Starting salary depending on experience