Software Development ManagerTropic Skincare, co-owned by Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, is a multi-award-winning beauty brand leading the way in natural, cruelty-free and vegan skincare, cosmetics and hair care. We have been recognised by The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 as the fastest growing beauty company in the UK and the London Stock Exchange in their shortlist of 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain.
It is our mission to help create a healthier, greener, more empowered world. Our route to market is through our family of 10,000 Tropic Ambassadors, for whom we’ve provided the products, business tools and confidence to start their own natural beauty business.
Tropic HQ is made up of a fast growing, vibrant team; we offer plenty of career development opportunities within a company culture that is passionate, supportive and positive.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated, collaborative Software Development Manager. This role will offer you the opportunity to take accountability for the development, delivery and management of our in-house IT, software systems and digital and e-commerce platforms.
We’re looking for someone to grow our new in-house team, manage that team and deliver agile projects to enable our constantly evolving business needs. You will need to manage external resources, as well as being active in development and testing when required. We are looking for someone who is highly organised, intelligent, passionate about their craft and who has extensive knowledge of a variety of approaches, platforms and systems.
The job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the business leaders to understand the business goals and deliver improvement and solutions to meet those goals each year
- Creating and running a combined delivery roadmap on multiple platforms, balancing business priorities and technical considerations
- Working with third party development companies as a project manager to ensure timely project delivery
- Leading and managing the newly formed, in-house IT team
- Managing and approving the testing of software project deliverables to ensure they meet requirements
- Facilitating training for in-house staff on the developments and projects implemented
- Taking on existing in-house projects and managing them to completion
- Being the lead on future development projects across various platforms
- Ensuring adoption of common technology and technical best practices
- Working on Apps to be linked to our current platforms (Shopify, FourFront, Zendesk and Sage)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Software Engineering experience
- Project management experience
- 5 years coding experience
- Programming experience
- A degree in computer science
- Strong leadership skills
- A solid technical background, with an understanding of and hands-on experience in digital and software development and e-commerce technologies
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just a 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Salary disclosed on application
- Position is available immediately.
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
Salary to be discussed upon application.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.