Social Media Manager
Are you a creative, innovative writer and engaging communicator with a love of skincare and a finger on the pulse of all things social; strong awareness of our category (and related world) with the confidence to front our brand awareness plans on all social platforms?
Do you spend hours each week on TikTok, have more saved posts on Instagram than you can remember and live for the next big trend? If you’re passionately shouting out YES to the above, then you could Tropic Skincare’s new Social Media Manager!
You will be an advocate of the Tropic brand, our products, our sales channels, our values, and culture and mirror our passion to be a force beyond beauty and help create a greener, healthier, and more empowered world. You’ll thrive on working as part of a busy, creative team who are united by one common purpose; to make Tropic Skincare one of the go-to skincare and beauty brands!
- Manage and strategise all social media channels, including but not limited to TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube, with campaigns to sustain an engaging audience experience to increase our engagement and convert into customer numbers.
- Develop engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts, to enlighten audiences and promote brand-focused messages.
- Have full knowledge of Tropic Skincare's products, including their uses, ingredients, textures, benefits, and results.
- Build relationships across the business, working with all departments to execute social ideas and encourage Tropic staff to get involved in social content.
- Collaborative working with the in-house communications team to develop social media timelines coinciding with new product releases, sponsorship and ad campaigns, and all channel messaging.
- Collaborate with the Influencer Coordinator to create authentic brand partnerships.
- Use market-leading software Dash Hudson to schedule social posts, review new imagery and video content to ensure it is successful, as well as understanding our content performance and monitoring competitor post performance.
- Collaborate with the Social Support Team to advise and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions to place Tropic Skincare as an industry expert brand.
- Provide competitor and gap analysis, identifying potential high value collaborations and influencer opportunities within social media spaces.
- Analyse and track social activity and campaigns, always checking how the digital marketing strategy is performing against expectation.
- Audit and analyse social media presence, including digital advertising costs and returns.
- Identify areas for social media campaign improvement.
PHOTOGRAPHY & FILM
- Work closely with our in-house creative and marketing teams to plan the social imagery and video needs for all platforms.
- Ensure social content is considered in every photo and video shoot, clearly briefing in content requirements to be included in the shoot plan.
- Attend shoots or brief one of the social team to attend and capture behind-the-scenes content.
- Highly motivated, creative, and organised with an enthusiasm for connecting with people. Visible passion that shines.
- At least 5-7 years' experience within social media management and growing multiple social media channels.
- A love of customer engagement, with the ultimate goal of turning browsers into customers and customers into fans and advocates.
- Attention to detail is key – this role requires a lot of writing, so a keen eye for spelling and grammar is important, as well as strong verbal communication skills.
- Flair, creativity, and the ability to write in our brand tone of voice.
- Strong creative eye with a solid understanding of social media best practice and content.
- A curious, inquisitive, researching and seeking mind with a passion for beauty and skincare.
- An ability to court, charm and recruit influencers, customers, and brand ambassadors.
- Understand and fully buy into Tropic’s company culture and raison d’être.
- Minimum four years’ experience of using, running, and managing social media platforms and planning tools.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, both present and future trends.
- Computer software proficiency.
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Hybrid working with a minimum of 3 days a week required in the office.
- Office is conveniently located just three minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon – both 20 minutes away. Approx. 30 mins travel time from Southwest London, 35 mins from South London (Brixton, Stockwell etc.)
- Position is available immediately.
- Starting salary of £45,000 per annum.
Healthier, Greener. More empowered – that’s the Infinite Purpose behind everything we do at Tropic, from funding education with every sale we make to all the plant-powered, sustainably sourced goodness we pack into our multi-award-winning, clinically proven skincare and beauty products. We're here to shake things up in this industry for good. Certified vegan, cruelty-free and CarbonNeutral®, we double offset our emissions, because when it comes to sparkling skin and a happier planet, we believe you really can have both!
Our founder and CEO, Susie, started out at just 15 years old, whipping up batches of our Body Smooth in her kitchen, pouring them into jam jars to sell on Greenwich Market to help her mum pay the bills. Flash forward a number of years and a whole lotta green science-backed skincare later, and Susie, with the help of an ever-growing team, has built a business that strives to make a positive impact… there’s just one thing we’re missing, you!
By joining our team, you’ll become part of a dynamic, diverse, and talented troupe, with a big family feel to boot! So, if you’re a skincare and planet enthusiast like we all are, believe in doing good beyond beauty and want to shake things up too, come and join our colourful crew – we can’t wait to meet you.