Social Media Manager
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Social Media Manager role sits within our Creativity Team, which is made up of creative thinkers from content writers to graphic designers and everything in between! This exciting new role presents an amazing opportunity for a social specialist to take the lead and build a social strategy that’s innovative, forward-thinking and can take our social content to a whole new level.
So, if you’re a hardworking self-starter who lives and breathes social media, is constantly coming up with new and original ideas, has an entrepreneurial mindset and excels within a fast-paced environment where every day is different, then we want to hear from you!
Healthier. Greener. More empowered – that’s the Infinite Purpose behind everything we do at Tropic, from funding education with every sale we make to all the plant-powered, sustainably sourced goodness we pack into our multi-award-winning, clinically proven skincare and beauty products. We're here to shake things up in this industry for good. Certified vegan, cruelty-free and CarbonNeutral®, we double offset our emissions, because when it comes to sparkling skin and a happier planet, we believe you really can have both!
Our founder and CEO, Susie, started out at just 15 years old, whipping up batches of our Body Smooth in her kitchen, pouring them into jam jars to sell on Greenwich Market to help her mum pay the bills. Flash forward a number of years and a whole lotta green science-backed skincare later, and Susie, with the help of an ever-growing team, has built a business that strives to make a positive impact… there’s just one thing we’re missing, you!
By joining our team, you’ll become part of a dynamic, diverse and talented troupe, with a big family feel to boot! So, if you’re a skincare and planet enthusiast like we all are, believe in doing good beyond beauty and want to shake things up too, come and join our colourful crew – we can’t wait to meet you.
Strategic Content Planning
- Lead creative discussions, bringing the social, design and wider Marketing Team together to produce world class, highly innovative and inherently social campaigns for all key campaigns, promotions and projects throughout the year. Ensure content ideas are insight-led and resonate with our target audience, driving reach and engagement with new and existing customers.
- Manage the social calendar to build relevant content calendars for each respective social media platform, ensuring all are in line with the marketing calendar and are clearly visible to the wider Marketing Team and Social Support Team.
- Responsible for leading all content planning, delivery and execution, ensuring the whole team follow best practice guidelines and all content is executed flawlessly without mistakes.
- Inform the Social Support Team, who look after community management, of the social schedule, advise them on posts that may require additional support, and provide them with any information required to deal with them appropriately.
- Utilise market-leading software Dash Hudson to understand the performance of our content, monitor competitor post performance, schedule social posts, and review new imagery and video content to ensure it is successful.
- Conduct regular competitor analysis and stay on top of industry developments and know all social platforms inside and out to identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations ahead of competitors.
- Find new and exciting ways to engage customers via social media channels to drive awareness, conversation and affinity to Tropic.
- Champion brand values and messages across all social activations by demonstrating a considered and sophisticated understanding of the brand.
- Implement new strategies for new social channels, e.g Tik Tok, when required.
- Manage and develop the Social Media Team. Currently this only includes a social media assistant, but we are looking to potentially recruit other social media roles in the new year to become part of the team.
- Work with a dedicated Graphic designer and the wider Design Team to execute creative concepts.
- Work with the Creative Design Manager to create a collaborative environment between the Design and Social Teams, sharing creative ideas and working together to ensure all social content is as exciting and engaging as possible.
- Work with the Creative Brand Manager to ensure social content is considered in every photo and video shoot, clearly briefing in content requirements to be included in the shoot plan.
- Attend shoots or brief one of the Social Team to attend shoots and capture behind-the-scenes content, as well as review the content being created to ensure it meets social requirements and is in line with brand guidelines.
- Build relationships across the business, working with all departments to execute social ideas and encourage Tropic staff to get involved in social content too.
- Manage our external agency relationships, ensuring that we are seeing a good ROI, and reviewing the partnerships before renewal. If any transitions are required, ensure they are timely executed without disrupting business needs.
- Work with our paid social agency to deliver the paid ad campaign calendar, building customer segmentation and targeting, ensuring agreed budgets are adhered to and that all campaigns launch on time.
- Ensure our paid campaigns align with the creative direction of our organic content and take learnings from organic content performance to inform the creative for paid ads.
- Work with the Brand and PR Manager to manage the paid influencer strategy, creating a list of target influencers and building relationships with them to construct communities of interest for the business and create authentic brand partnerships.
Reporting and Analysis
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to measure, analyse and interpret key numbers and performance to ensure we hit KPIs and report the results to senior management.
- Monitor social performance regularly to understand the effectiveness of the social media strategy and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Present to senior leadership regularly on campaign and content plans and results.
- You have at least 3-4 years' experience working in social media with extensive experience growing and managing social brand channels (Instagram and Facebook are a must).
- You have experience managing a small team or at least one direct report.
- You’re a strategic and analytical thinker that can interpret numbers and data into actionable insights and learnings.
- You’re a creative thinker who can come up with original, on-trend, highly shareable social ideas that are relevant to our target consumer.
- You’re passionate, hardworking, proactive and have a willingness to learn; enthusiasm is a must.
- You’re highly organised and able to manage multiple campaigns/projects at once.
- You’re a natural communicator – confident in presenting social campaigns and activities to different parts of the business and managing key stakeholders.
- You have an ability to interpret, prioritise and deliver actions with a sharp attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, you’re able to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- You have experience using a social media management tool like Dash Hudson, Falcon, Sprout, etc.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- You have an exceptional command of written English, including spelling and grammar, and are confident writing in corporate email prose.
- You have exceptional copywriting skills, including cultural relevance.
- You use social media regularly and naturally monitor competitors.
- You must be passionate about beauty and be a beauty consumer yourself.
Desired but not essential
- You have experience working in beauty, especially for a sustainable beauty brand.
- You have a degree in a related discipline.
- You’re a keen content creator for your personal account.
- You have experience in creating own content (e.g. shooting lo-fi Reels or Stories on phone).
- You have experience in creating organic content for Pinterest and Tik Tok.
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Starting salary depending on experience