Quality System Specialist
Tropic Skincare, co-owned by Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, is a multi-award-winning beauty brand leading the way in natural, cruelty-free and vegan-friendly skincare, cosmetics and hair care. We have been recognised by The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 as the fastest growing beauty company in the UK and the London Stock Exchange in their shortlist of 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain. It is our mission to help create a healthier, greener, more empowered world.
Our route to market is through our family of 10,000 Tropic Ambassadors for whom we’ve provided the products, business tools and confidence to start their own natural beauty business.
Tropic HQ is made up of a fast growing, vibrant team; we offer plenty of career development opportunities within a company culture that is passionate, supportive and positive.
We are currently looking for a Quality System Specialist to join our Quality Assurance Team.
The Quality System Specialist job responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assisting the management team in ensuring that all activities on site follow current Good Manufacturing Practice and that company policies meet business requirements
- Working alongside all departments to provide quality / technical guidance and expertise in the resolution of quality issues
- Maintaining QMS documentation, focusing on Policies, SOPs, Work Instructions, Test Methods, Deviations, CAPAs, Change Controls etc. and managing the review and approval cycle of all controlled documents
- Helping with the general standardisation of processes, focusing on process mapping and simplifying existing documentation
- Assisting in the interpretation of regulatory requirements and helping all departments to mirror them into their associated Policies, SOPs, Work Instructions and Test Methods, which will form the Document System that defines all business activities
- Promote a sense of quality throughout the site departments to raise manufacturing performance by helping with process standardisation and eliminating waste caused by unnecessary compliance errors
- Performing internal audits as required by the annual schedule to assure that the company remains compliant with GMP requirements
- Working with manufacturing and production personnel to improve compliance and feedback learning
- Collating information relating to Product Quality Reviews (PQRs) by liaising with other departments as necessary
- KPI creation and presentation to ensure the continuation of GMP compliance for manufactured products
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices in the context of either cosmetics or pharmaceuticals
- Validation experience
- The ability to be flexible and work independently
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- A scientific degree (considered an advantage)
- Confidence in using the MS Office package, as well as an ability to learn to manage different quality management software quickly
- The skills to create and maintain positive and open work relationships
- Good organisational skills and be proactive
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
Position is available immediately.