Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative and effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies for five years in a row and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world. We pride ourselves on the care and wellbeing of our staff and you will be joining a fast-paced, vibrant workplace with lots of opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
We are currently seeking a hands-on, detail orientated QMS Assistant to help develop and maintain the Quality Management System in line with industry standards, accreditation and business requirements across the organisation.
The QMS Assistant job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
· Assisting the management team in ensuring that all activities on site follow current Good Manufacturing Practice and company policies, meeting business requirements
· Working alongside all departments to provide quality and technical guidance, as well as utilising expertise in the resolution of quality issues
· Helping our general standardisation of processes, focusing on process mapping and simplifying existing documentation
· Assisting in the interpretation of regulatory requirements and helping all departments mirror them in their associated Policies, SOP`s, Work Instructions and Test Methods. This will form the Document System that defines all business activities
· Collating information relating to Product Quality Reviews (PQR`s) by liaising with other departments as necessary
· KPI creation and presentation to ensure continued GMP compliance of manufactured products
· Following all SOP’s
· Following GMP regulations across the relevant departments
· Maintaining QMS documentation, focusing on Policies, SOP`s, Work Instructions, Test Methods, Deviations, CAPA’s, Change Controls etc.
· Managing the review and approval cycle of all controlled documents
· Performing internal audits as required by the annual schedule to assure that the company remains compliant with GMP requirements
· Completing Risk Assessments where necessary
The ideal candidate will have:
· Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices in the context of either cosmetics or pharmaceuticals
· The ability to be flexible and work independently
· The ability to accommodate competing deadlines and demands of work
· A scientific degree (considered an advantage, but not necessary)
· Confidence in using the MS Office package, as well as an ability to quickly pick up and learn to manage different quality management software
· The skills to create and maintain positive and open working relationships
· Good organisational skills and proactivity
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Full time role: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
· Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
Position is available immediately.
If you think you would be perfect for this role, please fill out the application form along with your attached CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.