We are a multi award-winning, vegan and cruelty-free beauty brand with a range of products that are freshly made using sustainably sourced premium, natural ingredients every day in our Tropic Kitchen.
Tropic began life with a homemade body scrub sold at a stall at London’s Greenwich Market when founder, Susie Ma, was just 15 years old. Today, we have a family of over 20,000 Tropic Ambassadors, our range includes over 200 products with Tropic featuring in numerous publications, from beauty blogs to national magazines, as well as winning 200 awards to date.
We've been recognised by The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 as one of the UK's fastest growing skincare brands 4 years in a row. We pride ourselves on the care and well-being of our staff and you will be joining a fast-paced, vibrant workplace.
We are looking for a new member of our team to help develop and maintain the Quality Management System in line with industry standards, accreditation and business requirements across the organisation.
The QMS Assistant job responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assisting the management team in ensuring that all activities on site follow current Good Manufacturing Practice and company policies to meet business requirements.
- Working alongside all departments to provide quality / technical guidance and expertise in the resolution of quality issues.
- Helping in the general standardisation of processes, focusing on process mapping and simplifying existing documentation.
- Assisting in the interpretation of regulatory requirements and helping all departments to mirror them in their associated Policies, SOP`s, Work Instructions and Test Methods which will all form the Document System that defines all business activities.
- Collating information relating to Product Quality Reviews (PQR`s) by liaising with other departments as necessary.
- Creating and presenting KPI’s to ensure continuation of GMP compliance for manufactured products.
- Following all SOP’s.
- Ensuring the following of GMP regulations when in the relevant departments.
- Maintaining QMS documentation, focusing on Policies, SOP`s, Work Instructions, Test Methods, Deviations, CAPA’s, Change Controls etc, and managing the review and approval cycle of all controlled documents.
- Performing internal audits as required by the annual schedule to assure that the company remains compliant with the GMP requirements.
- Undertaking Risk Assessments where necessary.
- Adhering to COSHH regulations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with Good Manufacturing Practices in the context of either cosmetics or pharmaceuticals
- Have validation experience
- Be able to be flexible and work independently
- Possess the ability to accommodate competing deadlines and demands of work
- Have a scientific degree (considered an advantage)
- Have confidence in using the MS Office package, as well as an ability to learn to manage different quality management software quickly
- Have the skills to create and maintain positive and open work relationships
- Possess good organisational skills and be proactive
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
Position is available immediately.
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.