Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative and effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies for five years in a row and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world. We pride ourselves on the care and wellbeing of our staff and you will be joining a fast-paced, vibrant workplace with lots of opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
We are currently looking for a meticulous QC Inspector to join our dynamic team. Your role will be to ensure that quality control procedures are conducted in compliance with the standards of current ISO 22716:2007 Cosmetics - Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), thereby providing continuous support to our product quality and safety.
Your job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
· Assisting in Quality Control activities to ensure compliance with GMP, testing specifications and SOPs that the company has in place
· Inspecting, creating and maintaining quality checks for skincare and cosmetic products, raw materials and packing materials
· Issuing documentation
· Reviewing and updating material safety data where required including COSHH / GHS information and documentation (MSDs/SDS)
· Ensuring quality control documents are reviewed, processed correctly and available in a timely manner, including MSDs/SDS, COA, SPECs, deviations and batch documentation, out of specifications, non-conformances and in process checks
· Dealing with processes for deviations, out of specifications, need for corrective and preventative actions for quality impact
· Investigating incidents that have resulted in non-conformance or compliance failures
· Raising incidents that may result in quality control issues
· Participating in internal audits where required and working with the QA team to provide responses and actions
The ideal candidate will have:
· Previous experience in a QC/QA role
· Excellent attention-to-detail
· Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask
· Excellent communication skills
· The ability to work as part of a team, as well as using their own initiative
· Full time role: 12-hour shifts, 4 on and 4 off
· Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
· Position is available immediately
· Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
· Salary: From £10.76 per hour
If you think you would be perfect for this role, please fill out the application form along with your attached CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.