Tropic Skincare, co-owned by Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, is a multi-award-winning beauty brand leading the way in natural, cruelty-free and vegan beauty. It is our mission to help create a healthier, greener, more empowered world, and our route to market is through our family of over 16,000 Tropic Ambassadors for whom we’ve provided the products, business tools and confidence to start their own natural beauty business.
Tropic HQ is made up of a fast growing, vibrant team. We offer plenty of career development opportunities within a company culture that is passionate, supportive and positive.
Right now, we’re looking for a QC Assistant to join our dynamic team. Your role will be to ensure that quality control procedures are conducted in compliance with the standards of current ISO 22716:2007 Cosmetics - Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), thereby providing continuous support to our product quality and safety
Your job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Assisting in Quality Control activities to ensure compliance with GMP, testing specifications and SOPs that the company has in place
- Inspecting, creating and maintaining quality checks for skincare and cosmetic products, raw materials and packing materials
- Issuing documentation
- Reviewing and updating material safety data where required including: COSHH / GHS information and documentation (MSDs/SDS)
- Ensuring quality control documents are reviewed, processed correctly and available in a timely manner, including MSDs/SDS, COA, SPECs, deviations and batch documentation, out of specifications, non-conformances and in process checks.
- Dealing with process for deviations, out of specifications, need for corrective and preventative actions for quality impact.
- Investigating incidents that have resulted in non-conformance or compliance failures
- Raising incidents that may result in quality control issues
- Participating in internal audits where required and working with the QA team to provide responses and actions
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a QC/QA role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as using their own initiative
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Position is available immediately.
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.