Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative, effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO, Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered World.
We are looking for an energetic, well-connected PR Coordinator to join our integrated marketing team, to help further grow the brand and be part of Tropic’s exciting future at our head office in Croydon.
The PR Coordinator’s job responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day proactive press & influencer admin at Tropic HQ
- Working with the Brand & PR Manager to co-manage and grow media & influencer relationships
- Working closely with in house dispatch teams and systems to manage and oversee all send-outs, in line with a seasonal strategy set out by the Brand & PR Manager
- Identifying key news and product opportunities in relevant media
- Pitching collection stories and product stories to UK press, in line with the strategy directive
- Working as part of a fully integrated content and communications team, reporting to Brand & PR Manager to assist and plan all PR & marketing activity (e.g. events, press days, partnerships etc)
- Developing engaging and exciting PR materials including press mailers
- Preparing and running events & experiences
- Sourcing partnerships/goody bag contents etc
- Participating in and instigating press entertainment with key editors and contacts
- Continuing to grow a strong network of press contacts and ensure databases are monitored and consistently updated
- Monitoring daily coverage and compile industry news blasts to share with senior management
- Analysing editorial coverage on a monthly basis, working to targets set out by the Brand & PR Manager
The ideal candidate will:
- Have in-house and/or agency beauty PR and marketing experience
- Have had one or two roles within the beauty industry already
- Be well connected, with very strong press, influencer & industry relationships at all levels
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently as part of an integrated multi-channel marketing team
- Have a strong knowledge of and experience in the UK media landscape across all platforms on and offline
- Have strong experience managing press sample requests
- Have passion for the beauty industry and understanding of the Tropic brand identity and ethics
- Have a proactive, energetic approach to planning and execution
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Be a pro-active character, capable of driving projects forward - with a hunger for inspiring new ideas
- Be highly organised, energetic, adaptable to change
- Full time role, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- £24,000 to £28,000 Depending on experience
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
Position available immediately.
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.