Are you a mechanical engineer who’s comfortable leading a team and confident thinking on their feet? Then you could be the ideal candidate for this role.
Your role will involve servicing and repairing the in-house production, manufacturing and factory service equipment, planning necessary maintenance work and risk assessments and training and leading the engineering team.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Servicing and Repairing production and manufacturing equipment, factory service equipment (pumps, valves, vessels, & manufacturing machinery)
- Liaising with management regarding any health and safety issues, ongoing repairs, maintenance and development of building projects
- Risk Assessments and Safe Working Practices
- Training and supervision of the Engineering team
- Planning preventative maintenance on production plant around the site
- Maintenance of HVAC
- Carrying out minor repairs and fault finding to the buildings/grounds as required
- General plumbing and pipe maintenance as required
- Have industry relevant qualifications to at least BTEC/ NVQ level 3
- Possess extensive knowledge and experience of mechanical engineering
- Have management and leadership skills.
- Have a desire to expand their knowledge and grow a department
- Understand Safety Management Systems
- Be able to work individually and within a small team.
- Full time role involving 10-hour shifts that will be scheduled between 7am and 7pm Mon-Fri, with the occasional necessity to work 12-hour shifts and weekends.
- Office is conveniently located just a 3 minutes walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Position is available immediately.
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
Salary to be discussed upon application.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador. ________________________________________________