Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative, effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO, Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies and continues to go from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world.
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Supervisor. The purpose of this role is to assist the Manufacturing Manager and supervise the manufacturing team to complete tasks in a timely manner to meet daily targets. It is a key element of this role to ensure all team members adhere to the department procedures and ensure they are conducted in compliance with standards of GMP and safety requirements.
Your job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Use of stock management systems
- Managing the movement of finished batches to the production team
- Planning the weekly manufacturing schedule
- Liaising with other departments as required
- Implementing areas of GMP
- Adhering to and ensuring the team follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensuring the department is cleaned and sanitised sufficiently
- Updating of methodologies for batch manufacturing
- Treatment of products that are out of stock
- Waste management
- Training and ensuring all team members follow COSHH guidelines and SWP’s
- Updating the Tropic compliance centre with accident/ incident reports and carrying out the investigation procedure
- Reviewing and updating risk assessments and safe working practices with the manufacturing manager
- Being the designated department first aider and fire marshal
- Managing the team’s absence requests ensuring there is suitable and sufficient cover for all tasks in the department
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum two years’ experience in the food or cosmetic industry
- A degree in a scientific discipline is desirable
- A desire for continual learning is a must
- Full time role: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Position available immediately.
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.