Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative, effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO, Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered World.
We are currently recruiting for hands-on and experienced Maintenance Engineer. The purpose of this role is to perform preventative and reactive maintenance and provide continuous improvement to all machinery and equipment. This is a mechatronic role which includes mechanical and electrical works such as working on belts, bearings, pneumatics, hydraulics, piping, valves, sensors, motors, and pumps.
Your job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- The start-up and shutdown of all engineering services
- Use of Tropic’s computerized maintenance management system to log all maintenance activities
- Liaising with other departments as required
- Planning, installing, and maintaining industrial equipment, such as motors, valves, pipework, and pumps
- Continuous improvement to the factory as a whole and all machinery and equipment
- Cost reduction and improvement activities to machinery and equipment
- Keeping down-time of machinery at a minimum
- Running and maintaining the wastewater treatment plant
- General metal and plastic working
- Electrical and mechanical trouble shooting and corrective actions on industrial machinery
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum two years’ experience in the maintenance department of an FMCG company
- A mechanical and/or electrical degree is desirable
- A desire for making machinery work, detail-orientation, problem solving skills and good improvisational skills are vital
- Innovative thinking, continual learning, creativity, and good communication skills are a must
- Full time role: Monday to Saturday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away
- Position available immediately
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.