Tropic Skincare, co-owned by Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, is a multi-award-winning beauty brand leading the way in natural, cruelty-free and vegan beauty. It is our mission to help create a healthier, greener, more empowered world, and our route to market is through our family of over 16,000 Tropic Ambassadors for whom we’ve provided the products, business tools and confidence to start their own natural beauty business.
Tropic HQ is made up of a fast growing, vibrant team. We offer plenty of career development opportunities within a company culture that is passionate, supportive and positive.
Right now, we’re looking for a Lab Technician to join our dynamic team. Your role will be to design, develop and substantiate the safety and efficacy of cosmetic products exclusively for Tropic Skincare Ltd.
Your job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Maintaining ingredient stock availability and replenishing lab stock from warehouse on a periodic basis
- Ordering Lab consumables and ensuring there is enough supply
- Ensuring the lab consumables are used appropriately and recycled wherever possible
- Supporting chemists to prepare prototypes through a controlled process
- Labelling, recording and despatching formulations for external testing labs
- Maintaining lab samples for all trial formulations
- Assisting chemists to conduct stability, compatibility and efficacy testing
- Recording the testing results for both in-house and external labs
- Following lab GLP and ensuring the laboratory is always in compliance with it
- Acting as the health and safety personnel of lab (required training will be provided)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a lab technician role
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Position is available immediately.