Industrial Maintenance Technician
Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative, effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO, Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered world.
We are currently recruiting for an Industrial Maintenance Technician. The purpose of this role is to This role is a mechatronic role which includes mechanical and electrical works. These include working on belts, bearings, pneumatics, hydraulics, piping, valves, sensors, motors and pumps.
Your job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Start-up and shutdown of all engineering services
- Use of Tropic’s computerized maintenance management system to log all maintenance activities
- Liaising with other departments as required
- Planning, installing, and maintaining industrial equipment, such as motors, valves, pipework, and pumps
- Continuous improvement to the factory as a whole and all machinery and equipment
- Cost reduction and improvement activities to machinery and equipment
- Keeping down-time of machinery at a minimum with the focus on the customers’ needs
- Running and maintaining the wastewater treatment plant
- General metal and plastic working
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and corrective actions on industrial machinery
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum two years’ experience in a maintenance department of a FMCG company
- A mechanical and/or electrical degree is desirable
- A desire for making machinery work, plus detail-orientated, problem solving and improvisational skills
- Innovative thinking, a desire for continual learning, creativity and good communication skills
- Full time role: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Position available immediately.
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.