Tropic Skincare are a multi award-winning, vegan and cruelty-free beauty brand whose mission is to create products that are truly good for you. All of our products are made using sustainably sourced premium, natural ingredients and are freshly made every day in our Tropic Kitchen. Tropic began life with a homemade body scrub sold at a stall at London’s Greenwich Market when founder, Susie Ma, was just 15 years old. Our range now includes over 100 products, with Tropic featuring in numerous publications, from beauty blogs to national magazines, as well as winning over 100 awards to date.
Tropic’s empowering ethos aims to inspire entrepreneurs all over the country and provide them with the means to start their very own beauty business through Tropic’s social selling opportunity. Susie’s unwavering dedication to empower people, especially women, in business has created a family of over 12,000 Tropic Ambassadors who now have the opportunity to shape their own future.
At Tropic, we hold several events for our Ambassador family throughout the year, from large awards events at the NEC, Birmingham, to smaller Ambassador training events as well as PR events and in-house activities. We are looking for an Events Coordinator to support and oversee the running of these events as well as create effective marketing strategies to maximise ticket sales / attendance throughout the year.
The job responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working closely with an external event management company, acting as the in-house point of contact
- Supporting the event manager/organiser throughout the year
- Creating and managing event timelines
- Managing bookings & queries and coordinating event table plans
- Working closely with the marketing team to create a marketing strategy for each event to maximise ticket sales / attendance and oversee creation of assets
- Working closely with the marketing team to create and deliver any event information to guests / attendees to ensure the smooth running of events
- Assisting in the proofing of event visuals
- Coordinating a small team for each event and providing hands on support to the events management company and operational team
- Providing support for leaders/presenters/speakers at events
- Proactively identifying obstacles / areas for improvement in the events process and recommending solutions
- Running and presenting event analysis and statistics
- Sourcing and organising recognition prizes
- Supporting PR events twice a year
- Providing support on video shoot events throughout the year
- Organising in-house travel and logistics for events
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent computer and office skills, particularly excel
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A high level of organisation and attention to detail
- Good leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a team and on their own
- The ability to work well under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Previous experience in the events industry/ marketing / events promotion (preferable)
- Knowledge of jotform, formsite, wix (preferable)
- Be willing to work flexible hours and occasionally travel for weekend and evening events
- Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm plus a minimum of 4 weekend events a year
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Position is available immediately
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.