DEVELOPMENT CHEMIST - COSMETICS
Tropic Skincare, co-owned by Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, is a multi-award-winning beauty brand leading the way in natural, cruelty-free and vegan skincare, cosmetics and hair care. We have been recognised by The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 as the fastest growing beauty company in the UK and the London Stock Exchange in their shortlist of 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain.
It is our mission to help create a healthier, greener, more empowered world. Our route to market is through our family of 10,000 Tropic Ambassadors, for whom we’ve provided the products, business tools and confidence to start their own natural beauty business.
Tropic HQ is made up of a fast growing, vibrant team; we offer plenty of career development opportunities within a company culture that is passionate, supportive and positive.
We are currently seeking an experienced Colour Cosmetics Development Chemist to join our Tropic team based in Surrey. Your role will be to develop formulations for new and current products in a vegan and cruelty-free environment. The ideal candidate will be pro-active, innovative, highly motivated and have an interest in natural skincare and cosmetics.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a wide range of colour cosmetics formulations for brief and working on improving existing formulations with innovative approaches (Lipsticks, Lip glaze, foundations, Mascara, Eyeliner etc).
- Designing and performing testing as per requirements for products and packages.
- Conducting literature searches on innovative, natural raw materials and clinical studies through a variety of sources such as journals, books and internet research.
- Participating in and effectively rolling out technology, from the lab to mass production through Scale Up.
- Assisting in maintaining timelines for product development, testing, ingredient search and record keeping.
- Keeping up-to-date on trends and participating in seminars, training and conferences.
- Formulating makeup and colour cosmetics products with very minimal assistance and rolling through product development cycle effectively.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 4+ years of experience in cosmetic formulation development
- Have experience of working in a GMP environment with good housekeeping.
- Have a degree in Chemistry or SCS diploma
- Possess well-proven formulation skills and up-to-date knowledge on formulation strategies
- Possess a basic knowledge of cosmetic regulations and a thorough knowledge on cosmetic product testing
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Maintain an interest in natural cosmetic products
- Demonstrate a strong passion for cosmetic formulation development
- Have experience with Scale Up for mass production (preferred, but not essential)
- Have excellent organisation skills
- Be self-motivated
- Be a good team player
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Position is available immediately.
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you’re applying for included in the subject bar.
Salary to be discussed upon application.
If you are a Tropic Ambassador, you are able to apply for this role. However, please note that if you are offered the job and accept, you will no longer be able to continue as an Ambassador.