Cosmetic Compliance Assistant
Tropic Skincare, co-owned by Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, is a multi-award-winning beauty brand leading the way in natural, cruelty-free and vegan friendly skincare, cosmetics and hair care. We have been recognised by The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 as the fastest growing beauty company in the UK and the London Stock Exchange in their shortlist of 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain. It is our mission to help create a healthier, greener, more empowered world; our route to market is through our family of 10,000 Tropic Ambassadors for whom we’ve provided the products, business tools and confidence to start their own natural beauty business.
Tropic HQ is made up of a fast growing, vibrant team; we offer plenty of career development opportunities within a company culture that is passionate, supportive and positive.
We’re currently looking for a cosmetic compliance assistant to join our dynamic product development team. Your role will be to assist in ensuring that all the cosmetic products created by Tropic meet the strict compliance requirements that the brand needs.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the collation of the finished electronic product information files/dossiers prior to product launch
- Helping to maintain/update the capability of the cosmetic database to help in generating accurate ingredients lists
- managing and auditing the compliance of all raw material and finished products to the Cruelty Free and Vegan Society requirements.
- Liaising with Think Dirty® to ensure that all Tropic products are listed and in full conformance
- Occasionally supporting the product development team in managing product stability testing
- Helping to build a raw material specification database to support the quality control team
- Helping to source and maintain new certifications that fit the Tropic Skincare brand
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent knowledge of MS Excel & Access software.
- Have previous experience in cosmetic compliance or transferable skills from a similar role in the food or pharmaceutical industries
- Have experience of creating and maintaining databases - desirable but not essential
- Possess methodical accuracy and the ability to assign and hit deadline
- Be flexible and not constrained in their job role to occasionally assist other areas of the technical team
- Have a basic knowledge of scientific principles or experience of working in a logical manner - desirable but not essential
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Starting salary £18k- £25k depending on experience
- Position is available immediately.