Get your food prep game on with these fabulously fruity breakfast treats. Prepare the night before and have one less thing to worry about on a stressful morning of homeschooling.
We’ve teamed up with plant-based food blogger, Amy Lanza, to share our recipe for these Very Berry Breakfast Bars – an on-the-go pick me up for key workers or a sweet way to cut through another grey day indoors.
Inspired by the superberries and vitamin c in our Glow Berry serum, they provide a soft oaty texture with a sharp layer of berry jam and the piece de resistance – a crunchy, nutty coat on top.
Very Berry Breakfast Bars
Time: 40 minutes plus cooling
Ingredients you'll need:
1 tbsp ground chia or flax seeds
3 tbsp plant-based milk
100g sweet potato puree*
100g almond or cashew butter
3 tbsp agave or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g oat flour (oats blitzed to a flour)
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
100g low sugar raspberry or strawberry jam
15g mixed seeds
20g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a 10cm x 20cm baking tray with parchment paper.
- Stir together the ground chia or flax seeds and the milk and leave for 5 minutes to form a gel.
- Whisk together the sweet potato puree, almond or cashew butter, agave/maple syrup, vanilla and the chia gel.
- Pour in the oats, oat flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Stir to a sticky mixture and pour into the lined dish.
- Spread over the jam in an even layer and sprinkle over the seeds and almonds. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing into 6 bars.
*to make sweet potato puree: roast or steam a sweet potato until really soft and mash the flesh until smooth. Allow to cool down and weigh out as required.
Don't forget to share your snaps with us using #LOVETROPIC if you give this recipe a try!