To our community: We stand in solidarity with you in the fight against homophobia, prejudice and ignorance. We stand for inclusion and we are here to support the LGBT+ community.
We know there’s a long way to go and want to reach a place where understanding and awareness are the overarching responses to the hardships of the LGBT+ community. We hope to raise the voices of everyone in this community, and as a brand we seek to support society on its path to this place of universal understanding.
In honour of Pride month, we want to do what we can to help drive change by sharing some of the resources and organisations that we are using to educate ourselves. We understand that attending Pride marches and pledging support on social media has never been enough to show allegiance - we need to see some action.
Here are some immediately actionable steps we're taking and resources we're using as a team and as individuals to become more informed, to better the experience of those in our community...
TV + Film:
- Call Me By Your Name
- The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson
- Love Simon
- And the Band Played On: Politics, People, and the AIDS Epidemic (Non-Fiction)
- Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out (Non-Fiction)
- The Song of Achilles (Young Adult)
- Annie on My Mind (Young Adult)
- Kenny Lives with Erica and Martina (Children’s book)
Social accounts to follow:
Charities to support:
Petitions you can sign:
Mental health and wellbeing resources: